The Cheesecake Queen's Visitors

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Magic Pan Crepe Stand (Mall of America - Bloomington, MN)

I used to think that the Mall of America had limited options in terms of satisfying my sweet tooth.  However, on a recent trip there I found I was terribly mistaken.  First off, I am a lover of crepes.  Not the ham and cheese variety, but the ooey gooey chocolatey kind.  The Magic Pan Crepe Stand totally fits the bill.  I was celebrating a recent job offer a week ago and decided to indulge in the Chocolate Nutella and Cherries Crepe.  OMG.  This thing is humongous, stuffed to the gills with sweet, syrupy dark cherries and rich, creamy Nutella.  In case that's not enough, they serve it with a heaping mound of whipped cream and chocolate drizzle on top.  My favorite local crepe place in Woodbury, MN is Sati Coffee.  They have awesome crepe flavors such as the Cinnamon Roll crepe and the Bananas and Cream crepe.  I usually need two of them to satisfy my appetite.  Not the case at Magic Pan.  I gobbled that crepe up at lightning speed and ended up with cherry goo smeared on my purse handle when it flopped over into my plate.  However, my tummy forced me to slow down at the end of my sweet journey and I actually left a couple bites on the plate.  Even the Cheesecake Queen has to say no sometimes.

Bottom line:  next time you decide to tackle the parking ramp and crowds at MOA, take a load off and stop by the Magic Pan for a very yummy reward.

Website:  http://www.leye.com/restaurants/directory/magic-pan-crepe-stand
Rating:  4 of 5 Cheesecake Slices

No comments:

Post a Comment