The Cheesecake Queen's Visitors

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Piece of Cake (St. Paul - Cathedral Hill)

If you are a lover of frosting, this place is for you!  Their bakery case has a display of about 10 cupcake varieties, each piled sky high with rich, perfectly creamy and sweet frosting.  The gentleman behind the counter was more than happy to describe each of the flavors to me and let me know that the Spiced cupcake with Caramel Cream Cheese frosting was his favorite.  I said sign me up and I took that baby home.  Oh my, was it ever delicious!  The cupcakes are so big that I ate mine on a plate with a fork.  They also have slices of cake, of course, with classic flavors such as Red Velvet and Carrot Cake.  And don't miss the dainty sugar cookies, again piled high with a heavenly buttercream frosting.  Oh mama, I could have eaten a dozen of those!  The shop is on Selby Avenue and it's easy to find parking nearby.  They also make coffee drinks and have a few tables available if you want to stay to devour your goodies.  The shop is bright and white - it almost feels like you've dropped by for a tea party.  Love it!!!

Rating:  5 of 5 Cheesecake Slices

No comments:

Post a Comment